Jack Attack – entry to competitive bowls in a short sharp time frame
Teams of three people, but need not be the same three each week.
Only one player can be an experienced bowler. Pennant bowlers to play with non dominant hand
Wear flat soled shoes or play barefoot.
Comp 1: October – November
Comp 2 : Dates to be confirmed
Download the team registration form at the bottom of this page
- Food Available from 6pm
- Games 6.30 pm to 8.00 pm
Where: Highett Bowls Club, Highett Grove, (off Graham Rd) Highett
Cost: $10 per player each week
TO REGISTER YOUR TEAM: –
Please Email your team name and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Bob (0439 612 325) or Margaret (0402 456 228)
How Jack Attack works
FORMAT OF PLAY
Below are the guidelines of how Jack Attack is played:
- Two bowl triples (with teams able to be registered for more players to accommodate for absentees and/or busy working lives).
- Substitutions permitted.
- Two sets of five ends.
- A sudden death tie breaker if required.
- Approximately 60-75 minutes in duration of matches.
- The season is six to eight weeks in length and ideally on a midweek evening results and scoring
- Scoring is traditional bowls format where shots for closest bowls are worth 1 point each.
- Winning a set is worth two points.
- Drawing a set is worth one point to each team.
- Winning a tie-breaker is worth two points.
- Cumulative shots also count for tied ladder positions.
- Participation fees are $30 per team per night
- Enjoy yourself & ensure all players are having fun
- Players can participate in consecutive order (one bowl at a time) or they can bowl out of turn –
whichever they prefer, eg. last end winner goes first;
- The jack is placed wherever the team wants to from the mat (minimum 21m).
- All players remain at the mat end to ensure the social atmosphere is maintained, ie. no skips.
- Closest bowl scores one point and additional closest bowls from the same team score additional
- Each team gets to have one power-play per set. A power-play is where the score is doubled for
that end. This is to be nominated before the first bowl for that end.
- Jack in the ditch is re-spotted to the “T”
- Result of each end is declared by a coordinator/facilitator.
- Music will be played over the greens whilst play is taking place.
For more info please email: email@example.com or ring Bob (0439 612 325) or Margaret (0402 456 228).